This website is operated by Bamboo & Grey.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Our store is hosted on Shopify. Shopify provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Who we are
Bamboo & Grey ('we', 'us' or ‘our’) are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Personal information we collect
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website or complete customer surveys. Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- - “Log files” track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- - “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
How will we use your personal information?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you (you can opt out of receiving marketing – see the ‘contact us’ section below);
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
- deliver relevant content and advertisements to you.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We will also share information with our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services). Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘Contact us’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information, visit www.getsafeonline.org on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. You can also ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or call us (see ‘Contact us’ below), and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 07950 380 655.
When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.